Mommy Makeover in Prince Frederick, Maryland
Whether you recently had a child or it’s years after, you deserve to look and feel your best. A mommy makeover is a comprehensive procedure in which two to three areas are operated on to reverse the stress and side effects of pregnancy and childbirth. At Plastic Surgery of Southern Maryland, we offer this procedure as well as a variety of other cosmetic and reconstructive procedures. When you visit our office in Prince Frederick, you can expect to receive the highest level of care from our surgeon and staff.
What is a Mommy Makeover?
A mommy makeover is a combination of procedures that work to restore the body’s appearance after pregnancy and birth. A mommy makeover is customized to each patient’s overall needs; however, in general, the surgery entails a breast, midsection and contouring procedure. During your initial consultation in Prince Frederick, you will be able to discuss your concerns and options with Dr. Ehrmantraut.
Some of the most popular procedures performed during a Mommy Makeover are:
- Tummy Tuck – Post-baby, many women experience skin laxity in the midsection due to the expanding that occurs during pregnancy. Some patients skin is unable to fully contract after this and that’s where a tummy tuck comes in.
- Liposuction – Many women experience weight gain during pregnancy which proves to be somewhat stubborn to lose. In the event that you have stubborn pockets of fat, liposuction can be used to slim and contour the body. Liposuction can be done all over the body and the harvested fat can also be used for fat grafting in other areas.
- Breast Augmentation – Each woman’s body reacts differently to hormones and pregnancy changes. Some women lose volume and shape in their breasts after pregnancy and breastfeeding. A breast augmentation can replace the lost volume as well as shape for a more symmetrical look.
- Breast Lift – In addition to lost volume and shape, many women experience some form of sagging or change in position of their breasts. This is due to the cycle of increasing and decreasing in size over the course pregnancy and birth, as well as during the breastfeeding A lift can simply bring the breasts to a perkier height without changing size.
- Breast Reduction – Some women prefer to have their breasts return to a smaller more proportionate shape after breastfeeding. With a breast reduction, you can expect to see a reduction in size while providing a slight lift.
Why Should I have my Mommy Makeover in Prince Frederick?
When you choose Plastic Surgery of Southern Maryland in Prince Frederick, you are getting a talented and well-respected surgeon as well as the help of our caring and compassionate staff. Dr. Wilfred R. Ehrmantraut, Jr., M.D. is a board-certified plastic surgeon with over 20 years of experience. He takes pride in providing each patient with customized care to suit each individual’s needs. He received specialty training in both plastic and reconstructive surgery at the Penn State Milton S. Hershey Medical Center of Medicine.
Schedule an Appointment in Prince Frederick
If you are interested in learning more about mommy makeover in Prince Frederick, contact us today to schedule a consultation.