Position Title: Registered Nurse
Duties and Responsibilities of Position:
- Escort patients to exam/operating room.
- Clean exam rooms between patient visits according to policy.
- Perform history and physical of all patients and enter all date into EMR
- Assist physician during patient exams
- Prepare procedure instrument packets and sterilize instruments
- Setup operating room for physician prior to procedures and clean room after procedures according to policy.
- Enter all required data of surgical record in EMR (i.e. obtain patient consent, pre-op assessment, nurse record, signatures)
- Assist physician during procedures
- Prepare specimens for pathology and enter all information into EMR.
- Maintain inventory of medical supplies, and ensure surgeon has all supplies needed for every surgery.
- Maintain equipment needed for surgery center according to policy.
- Handle patient phone calls with medical questions and problems, and document all information into EMR.
- See patients for post-op appointments and remove sutures. Document all encounters in EMR.
- Gain an advanced understanding of the office EMR (Nextech software). Ensure all patient data is correctly entered into the EMR. Utilize as many functions of the system as appropriate to streamline office procedures and tasks. Investigate new modules and determine cost/benefit to the practice.
- Perform all necessary tasks to ensure surgery center is compliant with OSHA and HIPAA.
- Complete miscellaneous tasks requested by Practice Administrator and/or Physician
- Work hours: 40 hours per week are expected as follows 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM Monday, Tuesday, and Friday, and 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM Wednesday and Thursday
- Lunch: 30 minutes allowed each day (not paid, must clock in and out for lunch break)
- Sometimes may need to stay past 5:00 PM (overtime will not be paid as position is considered to be exempt)
- 70 Sherry Lane, Suite 203, Prince Frederick, Maryland 20678
Certification and Experience Required:
- Must be Registered Nurse
- Must have at least 2 years experience working as an office nurse, OR nurse in hospital or ambulatory surgical center
- Must have experience working in plastic surgery office or breast center
- Must be a team player, willing to work overtime, and perform extra tasks as necessary
- Must be enthusiastic, energetic and empathetic in dealing with patients
- Eight Paid Holidays – New Year’s Day, President’s Day, Memorial Day, July 4th, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, Day After Thanksgiving and Christmas Day
- Ten paid vacation days
- Five (5) sick days
- Health insurance available but premiums must be paid 100% by employee
- Continuing education necessary to maintain certifications paid by employer
Please contact us today for more information or to submit your resume and cover letter!