Dear CalvertHealth Medical Group Patient,
We understand that you are concerned about the current global COVID-19 (novel coronavirus) pandemic and we thank you for trusting us during these challenging times. It is our privilege to meet your family’s healthcare needs and we are taking every available measure to protect your health and safety.
Here are some important things to know:
- We are following all CDC and State guidance to protect our patients and community. We are committed to maintaining a safe and clean environment to reduce the possible spread of infection. We use medical grade disinfectants. We are implementing daily screening for our staff and providers; we are using personal protective equipment as needed and are continually evaluating our processes to ensure your safety.
- We are taking steps to limit non-emergent office visits, procedures, and outpatient services. Office staff will coordinate with you if it is recommended that your visit, procedure or service be rescheduled for a later time. We will continue to be available for patients who need to be seen.
- We are calling all patients in advance of appointments to screen for possible COVID-19 exposure and/or respiratory symptoms and will provide you with specific instructions as needed. If you are experiencing fever, cough or other respiratory symptoms AND/OR traveled in the last 14 days, please be sure you have communicated with the office in advance of your appointment. Anyone with respiratory symptoms will be asked to wear a mask and everyone can expect to answer a series of additional screening questions upon check-in. There will be no walk-in or online appointments at this time. Anyone whose symptoms change or worsen following their visit to the office should also advise their provider to assist with continued monitoring.
- No visitors are permitted in CalvertHealth Medical Group Offices. The only exceptions are: Minor patients with 1 healthy parent/guardian and Oncology patients with 1 healthy support person, if necessary. No visitors under the age of 18 or with fever or cough will not be permitted. Similar restrictions apply to CalvertHealth Medical Center, where Family Birth Center is limited to 1 healthy support person.
- If you feel sick with fever or respiratory symptoms and have recently traveled or been exposed to a confirmed COVID-19 case, you may wish to seek care and should contact your primary care office. Please call the office in advance to be screened.
We are working very closely with the local and state health departments to ensure we implement the most up-to-date recommendations in our practices. We encourage you to follow the CDC guidance on social distancing and infection prevention, which can be found at www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/. To help protect you, your family and the community we highly recommend you follow government officials’ guidance to stay in your homes as much as possible during this time.
This information is subject to change. Updated information and guidance from Calvert Health System will be maintained at www.calverthealthmedicine.org.
If you have any questions, please feel free to call your healthcare provider’s office. We wish you and your family the best of health and, again, we thank you for trusting us with your care.